History

 

Home
Facilities
Location
Booking/Availability
Offers/Last Minute
Surrounding Area
Customer Comments
History

Business in the Park Logo

 

The cottage was built in approx 1870 and originally only had one storey, this was extended to two storeys early in the 20th century.  The photograph below is from a postcard and was taken in approx 1900.

View of the Cottage circa 1900

The cottage was bought by its present owners in 2010 at which point it was in a poor state of repair and needed major works and modernisation.  The works undertaken included a new slate roof, replacement of roof timbers and floor joists, treatment for woodworm, internal plastering throughout, insulation, new kitchen and bathroom and extensive decoration.  The works were completed in the Autumn of 2010.

The same view of the cottage as it is today